If you are searching for your house interior designs or for a specific room, you will run short of opinions if you are looking online. But if you are following your judgment and decisions, you can never go wrong, especially if you are looking for good design for your kitchen.
One kitchen design that can provide you with a unique feeling that you have been looking for is a shabby chic décor. Today, many people are choosing shabby chic kitchen designs due to the benefits that come with them.
The key characteristic of a shabby chic kitchen is pieces of distressed furniture. Even though this is the main characteristic, there are several things you need to consider to make the shabby chic kitchen lovely and unique. Below are several design tips that can help you achieve that shabby chic kitchen appearance.
1. Furniture – as stated before, the main element of a shabby chic kitchen is the furniture. This means you need to look for distressed furniture that includes kitchen cabinets and the kitchen table. If you cannot get an old table, a wood-grain top table can work very well. But do not forget to paint the table white or a neutral color. That mixture of the paint and the wood top will provide a good shabby chic piece. It will also add a beautiful and a rural feeling to your kitchen.
2. Color – color is also an important element when it comes to shabby chic kitchen design. With this vintage design, neural white colors are the common ones. One of the main reason why white is the best color is because it unites the shabby with the style. Other things you can add include vintage picture frames, old-timey doors, and lace curtains.
3. Be bold – if you are looking to have a great shabby chic kitchen, you need to be bold. You should not be afraid to incorporate some fun with your decoration. For instance, you can have hangings that are not normal wall decorations, and add be creative with your shabby chic ideas. Being imaginative is you need to achieve what you want.
4. Polished rustic – most shabby chic items are very rustic. However, with some paint, the items can be turned into great things. For instance, you can paint a chandelier with a dull paint to make it shine but shabby.
5. Antique style – when it comes to the shabby chic kitchen, collectibles is another edition. You need to allocate a small area to keep the tarnished collection. By filling it with picture frames and old serving tray, you can add antique style to your kitchen.
6. Kitchen cabinet style – the first thing your visitors notice about your shabby kitchen chic is the kitchen cabinet. Hence, it is important to have them refinished or repainted to have a shabby chic look. If your kitchen has an island, make sure the island has a neutral color such as green color or gray-blue. The other option is refinishing your kitchen cabinets to make them look shabby.